Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dojo Logo Contest

As our dojo grows, we will need some marketing tools, and a nice logo would be a good idea, I think. We can put it on a T-shirt or something, and if every student buys 100 shirts each, hey, that's a lot of money we can make! Maybe I can quit my daytime job! ...Wait, I don't have a daytime job now! :-)

So anyway, I designed some logos, and Eiko challenged me with her creations. So here are some designs we came up with so far.

Logo #1 (Kanji reads "Traditional Karate"):









Logo #2 (Shotokan Karate):









Logo #3 (top line = "Valley", bottom line = "Traditional Karate"):









Logo #4 ("Valley Traditional Karate" at bottom):









Logo #5 ("Traditional Karate" on top):








Logo 6 (Traditional Krate):

Logo 7 ("Valley Traditional" + "Karate"):

Why these colors you may ask? I just took them from our website, which is designed by Eiko, and I kind of like them.
So which one do you like? Any comment?? Please help us make a great logo. I know we have some creative heads in our dojo, so if you can come up with a better design, please present it! I like a simple design with 2-3 colors (you can change the color scheme if you want to). If you provide us a good idea, I'll give you an extra point during your next exam! ...Uh, maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Well...I wonder which ones I'm going to choose??
    Actually #4 looks too much like Van Halen!!
    #2 is my favorite except the colors needs some work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 or #2. Negative space is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete