Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sorry again for a late update... Now that I'm done with school I have so more free time, but I'm spending much less time in my room or on PC, thus having difficulty updating this blog immediately after the class.

So tomorrow is our 1st Dojo Exchange training! I'm hoping for a big turn-out. When you're getting tired of same-old instruction by the same (and) old instructor, it's often nice to train with different people. Since our dojo belongs to the same lineage as the visitors' dojo (NKI), the subjects shouldn't be anything new, but definitely from different perspectives. If you find some points that you never saw me covering, please let me know and I'll try to cover them (assuming they're important points) in our own classes.

Thursday's Subjects:

Kihon:
  • Zenkutsu-dachi, Kizami-zuki ~ Gyaku-zuki
  • Zenkutsu-dachi, Soto-uke ~ Gyaku-zuki
  • Mae-geri, Yoko-geri Keage & Kekomi
Kumite:
  • Free-style, move around
  • Same as above, plus front foot reaction/move-in
  • Same as above, plus block
  • Block against Kizami-zuki to face: no "covering", stop the attack in his space, keep elbow inside, apply "body snap", the other arm ready for counter attack
  • Same as above, plus counter-attack
Kata:
  • Heian Shodan (cool down)
Since there were 2 "trial" students, I tried to keep the lesson plan simple, and I thought it went smoothly.

VTK executives (?) went to take a look at possible permanent dojo space this morning. but it was not as goo as we hoped; good size (2000 sqf) and price, but the building was old and dirty, no signage, no street parking, not enough windows, no traffic visibility. Search for our perfect "dream dojo" space continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment