Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where was everybody?? It was a small and quiet class. We did have a good class, but it's always more fun to have more students. Hmm, time to recruit some more students? What if we do "bring one student, get your 1-month training FREE"?

Tonight's subjects"

Kata:
  • Jitte
  • Heian Nidan

Kihon:
  • 2nd level yellow-belt test basics (the next exam is in 6 weeks!)
  • Free-style, punches & kicks (including Kizami)

Kumite:
  • Ma-ai & Kime check (punches & kicks)
  • Punch, reacting to a half kick
  • Kick, reacting to a half punch
  • Free reaction (punches & kicks)
I just received an e-mail from the AAKF national office. Yes, I'm officially going to Brazil for the World Championships in November! It was my 4th time that I won the national title, but I was not able to be a part of the national team back then because I was not a US citizen before (99, 00) or I was too busy with school (09). This is my first "real" international competition, and I can't wait to party with karate people from around the world! ...Oh yeah, I'll do my best in the tournaments as well, of course. :-)


1 comment:

  1. Yes!
    Let's change that to "bring one student who then joins" that will get you a free gi!
    How about that?!

    Brazil sounds great - wish I could go...wait - maybe I can!!

    ReplyDelete