Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday, August 29, 2010 - Kyu Exam - BBQ

Congratulations to all of you who took and passed the test! I'm really happy to see that you all are improving. During the exam, I'm supposed to fill out these "exam forms" with some comments on each person, but I always end up not writing down anything because I enjoy watching you guys performing what I taught (AND I'm busy counting... But next exam I will stop counting, I think.).

BBQ afterwards was amazing and I had a lot of fun. I was so full...

Class Subjects:

Kata:
Warm-up
Cool-down

Kihon:
Age-uke ~ Gyaku-zuki
Soto-uke ~ Gyaku-zuki
Mae-geri ~ Yoko keage ~ Mawashi-geri

Free-style:
Shift around
Shift around + front foot & hand forward (block)

Kumite:
Uke-waza (body snap for forearm/wrist snap) against stable target
Uke-waza ~ Gyaku-zuki against stable target
Uke-waza ~ Gyaku-zuki against punches by sequence (Kizami-zuki, Gyaku-zuki Jo-dan, Gyaku-zuki Chu-dan)

See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment