Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have been teaching more often than training myself for the past few months, but it's time for me to get back to training more, to get ready for the World Championships in November! I took Avi's class at noon today (Friday), then sparred with 5 other black belts after the class for 20-30 minutes. Then I took Robert's class at NKI at night. I have been a bit over weight since I went to Japan in June, but now I'm at my best weight and the body feels pretty good.

Whenever I have a chance (or when I can "create" a chance) I want to train with you all while teaching. I really don't mind getting hit once in awhile and I don't usually lose my temper when I get hit, so guys, bring it on! :-)

Class Subjects:

Kata:
Warm up (stance, form, hip action)

Kihon:
Yellow Belt II level basics
Yellow Belt II level basic sparring

Free-style:
React to a signal and send the front foot in
Same as above, simultaneously punch
Same as above, simultaneously block, followed by a punch

Kumite:
Uke-waza against a stable target
Uke-waza "snap"
Uke-waza, followed by a counter punch

Keep on training if you're testing this Sunday. I'm not a psychic but I can tell if you're making effort outside of class or not. See you then! And I can't wait to have BBQ afterwards!

1 comment:

  1. Me too!
    I need to practice more!
    Kumite is fine by me - the more the merrier.
    BBQ!!!!!

    ReplyDelete