Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hmm, the fact that many of you stayed for extra 30 minutes after the class tells me that the class was not hard enough... I guess more push-ups and lunges next time! :-)

Thank you for giving me a chance to train a little! Guys, you can come at me harder. I think Eiko kicked me once and Ariana scratched me a little, but I didn't really get hit. I hear those Europeans and South Americans fight rough, and I have to get ready to face them! I did like today that I could face a variety of opponents: taller ones, shorter ones, big ones, fast ones, lefty, etc., constantly one after another. We'll do it again, but it will be only 10 minutes or so since it's going to be after the evening classes.

Today's Subjects:

Kata:
Warm up
Intention, No arm (focus on stance), Floor/Center/Technique

Free-style:
Kizami-zuki
Kizami-zuki against a pad
Gyaku-zuki
Gyaku-zuki against a pad
Kizami Mae-geri
Kizami Mawashi-geri
Kizami-zuki ~ Gyaku-zuki
Kizami-zuki ~ Kizami Mae-geri
Gyaku-zuki ~ Mawashi-geri

Kumite:
Any combination attack
Same as above, focusing on initiation (push/pull/shake the opponent to create "Kyo")

Conditioning:
Lunge Gyaku-zuki in place
Push-ups

Good job, and see you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment