Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 5, 2010

Now I have to remember that all my classes are only 1 hour long. Often I felt 1.5 hours was too long, but now I feel that 1 hour is very short! I really have to stop talking and make you work more in this limited time we have. But maybe that's what Jon is doing in his Sunday classes; I hope you all are sweating a lot on Sunday!

Class Subjects:

Kihon:
Oi-zuki (step fwd)
Age-uke (step back)
Step practice against resistance

Free-style:
Yori-ashi (=sliding)
Kizami-zuki (sliding)
Mae-geri (sliding)

Pads:
Enpi-ate
Hittsui-ate

Kumite (timing drills):
Kizami-zuki ("Sen") against half attack
Same, against moving around half attack

Since we have a smaller room, we will not do much of Kata on Tuesdays. Perhaps focus more on Kumite/Timing drills on Tuesdays and Kata/Basics on Thursdays? Just a thought.

See you tomorrow! God, I now only have a day between classes, so I have to hurry up to post this on blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment