Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sunday 12/12/10

Hey Everyone!

I can't promise I'll blog after every class like Taichiro does - but here is last Sunday's update.
This was the first class after the kyu test.
New kata for quite a few of you. We reviewed Heian Shodan to Heian Yodan. Do your best not to forget the katas you think you are "leaving behind." I found that I was even having trouble with Heian Yodan because I have not thought about it or performed it in over 3 years! Shame on me!

In this class we won't cover details too much - we'll leave that up to Taichiro.
But I'll try to make some broad strokes to help him and you all out!
In general for a first time trying the new katas everyone did great.
Try to apply everything you have been learning to new moves - you'll see that the basic principles are the same and carry over even to more difficult techniques.

I always try to do Sen practice and think we did a good long one this class.
Basics of course were gone over - adding gyaku-zuki to the techniques for new yellow belts.

We did some footwork and combinations too.

Wow! This was a full class!

No comments:

Post a Comment