Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday 12/5/10

Nice big class today!
I tried to concentrate on the tests - good thing you guys know it better than I do.

Sanbon-zuki look good
Most of the basics look very good for your levels. But always ask yourself "What am I doing?" "What is my intention with this technique?" "Would that have worked if I hit something?" "What part of my hand/foot is supposed to make contact?"

The big thing I notice in some of you is lack of confidence. It seems that sometimes right after(or during) a kata or basic technique your face says "that was horrible." You have to go to the test with a firm attitude. Believe in yourself! Do your best!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm always giving you guys too many "NO! You're doing it wrong!" so no one has confidence...?? OK, I'll be all about building your confidence this Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Would that have worked if I hit something?"--Don't know. Can we hit something to find out?? :D

    I miss pad work..

    ReplyDelete