Friday, December 10, 2010

Thursday, December 9, 2010 (EXAM!)

Everyone did great. Everyone passed, but among the same rank there is a range, meaning, some barely passed and some were close to the next rank. Those who try to skip a rank obviously need to work very hard, and I don't encourage you to even try it since learning 2 Kata in 4 months is not easy (but Jon and Chris almost made it!).

Again, the exam is to give you an objective milestone of where you stand. Karate training is a lifelong journey (in case you didn't know...!) and it's hard to judge your own level sometimes. As demonstrated last night, you all are on the right track and I'm really happy with your progress.

I'm honored to be your instructor, and I'm so proud of your achievement!

While Ron was making comments about the points you need to work on, I was like "Hey, I've been teaching that!" Like direction, intention, stance support, etc.; I'm not going to blame you for not getting those points. It's partly my fault that those were missed, and I have to work on (or make you work on) them so that you can improve. I learned a lot from watching your exam, thanks!

1 comment: