Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Sunday!!

Surprised! For a 10am class I was surprised that 6 people came - actually more than the past 2 Sundays!

I simply divided this class in three 30 minute sections - 1. Kata 2. Kihon and 3. Kumite

We went over Heian Shodan through Heian Yodan
Then we broke down the kata - trying to focus on certain things 1. posture 2. Hiki-te 3. Reality - would my techniques work? 4. Stance 5. In between the stances (this is where we tend to lose a lot of focus, stance, ground reaction, intent)

Kihon - I mixed this up a bit to make it more interesting. A blend of upcoming kyu exam and Nidan exam techniques. All blocks, all kicks, oizuki, gyaku-zuki. Two Nidan combinations.

Kumite - first we started with foot movements that Taichiro has been doing in class. But we added a pad to the drill. I was trying to show where and how these foot techniques apply.
Sen practice
light Offense/defense kumite
Kogo-kumite

Then Jon M. stayed and helped me and Eiko with the kids class! Thank you Jon!

3 comments:

  1. No worries Jon, it was my pleasure!

    But man those kids are a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is worrying?
    They sure are!
    Imagine when I have to teach them by myself!
    Now Eiko is back so it's a lot easier on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant "no need to thank me".

    I'll break it down into old man speak for you next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete