Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 7-13, 2011

Now I can say that I finally finished with most of the "settling down" work, and am getting back to my normal routine. It's so nice to come home (or to the dojo) and not to worry about "oh, I have to fix this, paint that wall, buy this thing...". I'm even keeping my word and blogging on a weekly basis!

Attendance hasn't been that great lately. Especially those of you who are testing, please come train as much as possible for the next 2 weeks. It will be the exam day before you know it, and the last thing you want to do is to be not ready and say "I should have trained more instead of doing (insert your second favorite pastime here)." Practice builds confidence, and confidence shows when you're under pressure.

We will continue working on the basics for the exam, as well as some basic timing drills. Work on your kata daily if possible. Stance, hip position and elbow connection are the main issues/weaknesses I see in general. Pay attention to what you're doing. I used to videotape myself doing kata/kihon and analyzed what I was doing wrong. We have a big mirror at the dojo, too, in case you didn't notice...

We're having a regional seminar next Saturday in Redondo Beach, so no 10:30AM class that day. This will be a fundraising event and I really wish many of you can come. I'll even buy your lunch if you come!


No comments:

Post a Comment