Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 18 - 24, 2011

We will have a lot going on at our dojo in the next few months:

October 23: Kyu Level Tournament
November 6: Sensei Nishiyama Memorial
November 25-26: ITKF PanAmerican Championships in Chile (I know it's not at our dojo, but I will be competing!)
December: Kyu exam TBA
Western Region Dan exam TBA

We also may do something for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas...! Wow, it's that time of year again??

There also will be a national seminar in New York early November. Check out the AAKF website if you're interested.

And now for the weekly dojo blog: we've still been doing a lot of kicks, but I'm trying to shift it to more timing drills. I was also going to spend more time on Kata but haven't been able to, so perhaps one of these classes I will have to spend half the class on Kata. The problem is, I sometimes want to change the topic based on who showed up, so the plan does not always work. I wish EVERYONE will show up EVERY CLASS... But wait, maybe I should be careful of what I wish for, now that we have so many students!

I think I finally started seeing some improvements in you kickings. I like it. But applying it on a moving target is a whole another matter. Let's continue working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment