Thursday, December 15, 2011

Book of the Month - December

I forgot to tell you that I put out another book on the bookshelf:

Dynamic Karate
by M. Nakayama

Master Nakayama was a co-founder (so was Sensei Nishiyama) of JKA and its first Chief Instructor. He passed away before I began training but he used to come down to San Diego Summer Camp which used to be held annually. He was senior to Sensei Nishiyama but I heard that they had mutual respect to each other.

This book is kind of similar to Sensei Nishiyama's book, in the way it covers most of fundamental topics. There is a famous series of books "Best Karate" by the same author, and from what I understand the "Best Karate" series was based on this book.

Next month I will make a Kata book available, so that those who pass the test and start learning the new Kata can benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment