Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 1 - 14, 2012

I already wrote Happy New Year in the last entry, oops.

And this blog update has been only every 2 weeks instead of every week without intention. Sorry, I'll try my best to post once a week.

So we started out a new year, and we already have a few new students. Very nice! I hope you'll all like what we do here and continue progressing. I'm confident that you will keep getting better as long as A) you keep training, and B) you have the right attitude/mindset. Unfortunately I've seen quite a few people who are kind of plateaued with their progress. It could happen to anybody. To break out of this, only "training hard" is not enough; you have to pay attention, be open-minded, think what you're missing, and work for it diligently.

We just completed the Winter Special Training! Jon B, Emmanuel, Jon M, Chris and myself received the certificate of completion. Emmanuel requested that we should continue having classes at 6AM; let me know if anyone else is interested... To me, this is a special "once a year at the new year" kind of deal, and I don't necessarily enjoy getting up at 5 in the morning every day. We're hoping that we can host it at our dojo next year, or at least to have our own version of it for 1-3 days possibly.

As far as our regular training is concerned, we will move on from Koroshi-waza to trying another offensive strategy. Most of you got the new Kata sequence down (but if not, look at the Book of the Month on our kitchen bookshelf or check my recommended youtube videos. We will continue refining your Kata in the coming months.

1 comment:

  1. LoL, I didn't mean let's do this all year, but looking at doing something like this for myself, like the equivalent of a morning jog before work. Besides, I think people would give me the evil eye for suggesting something like that as part of the routine :-P

    ReplyDelete