Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 15 - 21, 2012

I feel that the attendance is generally low this month... What happened to your new year resolution?? The holidays are over, it's time to get back in shape. I gained a few pounds over the holidays, too (though I didn't eat much, I did not train as usual), but I've been losing gradually now that I'm back on the regular routine of teaching and training.

We've started another offensive strategy, Sasoi-waza ("inviting" technique). This is to cause your opponent to attack you (by giving him a fake attack) and once he is committed to an attack you counter attack him (catch "Sen" to his attack, block it or shift/avoid it then counter). It's easier said than done, just like any other karate technique we practice...! The hardest part for me is to read opponent's intention and to use this strategy appropriately. The drills are rather simple and anyone can get it, so let's keep on practicing for the next 1-2 more weeks. We are adding some variations to this strategy as we go as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment