Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 4 - 10, 2011

So I've been trying to incorporate some good workout as a warm-up, and everyone loves it! ...No, not really. But some did like it and it really is a great way to warm up when it's freezing. Karate is not all about how physically fit you are, but being in good shape definitely helps you to get better at it. I don't want to kill my students before they get to work on fine techniques, but I will continue pushing you all once in a while. You shouldn't die from just a 15 minutes of warm-up!

Other than that, we are of course focusing on the exam requirement. Remember, the exam is not testing your fighting skills but is checking your fundamental understanding and ability. When you practice on your own (and by the way, you really should spend some time practicing on your own outside of the regular training), think of what I always repeat in class, and stay focused on those points. I see some improvements in everybody, but some aren't quite there yet to pass your level, in my opinion. You have one more week; focus on gross fundamental points (stances, posture, hands/feet coordination) first, then fine-tune your movement. And keep the strong spirit and express that with KIAI!

No comments:

Post a Comment