Sunday, August 12, 2012

July 22 - August 11, 2012

I've been trying to update this blog every week but apparently I'm not good at it.  3 weeks have passed already since the last update.  Wow.

Only 2 more weeks until the exam.  Keep working hard!  Some of you are already ready, and some are not.  I will try my best to get everyone prepared, but ultimately it's your responsibility.

As you all know our dojo strives to be the best traditional karate dojo around.  The best facility, the best teaching quality, the best tuition, the best people...  It makes me happy to hear that someone finds us after a long search for a "good karate dojo".  Why did we start this dojo in the first place?  It's because we didn't have a place to train ourselves in the area.  We do this for the love of karate, pure and simple.  Of course there are people who may not find us "the best" for any reasons.  But we're proud of what we do here, and you can count on us that we keep ourselves true to the karate principles and traditions.

For me, it's less than 2 more months before the world championship in Poland.  I'll try to push myself a little harder for the next month or so.  I just wish that this crazy heat wave would calm down a little...!

Training subject: Sen (or more like Sen-no-sen), and some exam basics.  In the last couple of tournaments I felt pretty confident tha my "Sen" timing would work and did score a point or two using it.  Before that when I was teaching I was trying to explain what I was not confident about, but now I know that it works and have proven it.  It is very deep and one can never practice it enough.  We will continue with it and try to relate it to other applications/strategies.


No comments:

Post a Comment