Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It was rather a small class. Today's kids class was bigger (with 6 students)! We're in the process of leasing our own place (...well, it's more like "finding a place" or "trying to find a place" actually), but if we only have 4-5 students in a class, it worries me about taking a risk of $2000 monthly rent...

Class Subjects:

Kata:
Warm-up
Course of action, supported by proper stance
Cool-down, adjusting breathing


Kihon:
Yellow Belt I Basic requirements
Yellow Belt II Basic requirements


Free-style:
Body shifting (Yori-ashi, Tsugi-ashi, Fumi-ashi, Mawashi-ashi, Hiraki-ashi)
Kizami-zuki ~ Kizami Mae-geri
Gyaku-zuki ~ Mawashi-geri


Kumite:
Above combinations against opponent (slides back once)
Single punch
Single punch, followed by a kick if the opponent slides back

Hope to see you ALL (or at least more than 5) this Thursday! Oh, by the way, I'm always taking a request about what you want me to teach in class. I generally try to cover a little bit of everything, but if you have something specific that you want me to focus on, or if you've always wondered about something but never asked, just let me know and I might cover those subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment