Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Avi's Blog

Someone requested this information:

http://avirokahkarate.blogspot.com/

For those of you who don't know Avi, he had been a long time Sensei Nishiyama student, and one of the most accomplished athletes/instructors among his students. He dedicated his life to the training and teaching of Sensei Nishiyama's karate, and he really is an excellent teacher.

When I came to the US and started looking for a dojo to train at, I was skeptical about finding a good authentic traditional karate dojo. I still remember, that I took a couple of buses to get to Avi's dojo which I found on Yellow Pages (no Internet back then!), and I said to myself "This is it!!!" the moment I saw him teaching a class. I almost peed in my pants from excitement...! I was already a black belt from training in Japan, but my true karate training started with Avi in 1993. I still take his classes occasionally, and Jon and Eiko do, too, on a regular basis.

He will be teaching a class here at VTK/VMAC on November 6th, on the occasion of Nishiyama Memorial. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment