Sunday, October 2, 2011

September 25 - October 1, 2011

Oh, less than 3 more weeks until the Kyu Level Tournament! If you're still wondering whether you should compete or not, I'd say just do it! It's a great learning experience, beer always tastes better after a good workout (except when you get hit and cut inside the mouth... ouch!), and it also is a fundraising event for the Nationals next year. Too many reasons not to pass...

So I should be focusing primarily on your favorite Kata and basic Kumite timing/strategy, assuming all our students will participate. If you choose to perform another Kata than the one you're currently working on at the tournament, let me know so that I can let you practice it.

I just randomly decided to present you "Karate Book of the Month". This month, it is Sensei Nishiyama's book: Karate, The Art of Empty-Hand Fighting. This is such an old book and a lot of contents is outdated (remember, Sensei Nishiyama's karate evolved/refined tremendously over the years) but it still is considered a definite text of the subject, and it actually is the world's best selling karate book. I have one copy available in our kitchen, for you to take a look.

Those who are subscribed to this blog, there is a way to receive an e-mail notification every time I update it. I usually try to write a new post on weekend (or sometimes Monday) but you can just get it e-mailed to you so that you don't have to check it. I'm not announcing something extra important here exclusively, so you shouldn't miss much even if you don't check it regularly, but I sure hope your training will be facilitated by the info you find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment