Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October 31 - November 5, 2011

I'm still 1 week behind the regular update...

We continued focusing on Zanshin, together with some basic timing drills. And on Wednesday the 2nd, a UFC fighter Mr. Takeya Mizugaki came over to take a class. Thank you all for showing up; it was the biggest Wednesday class I've ever seen! It's always fun to have some guests, whether s/he is a famous fighter, known karate master or a movie star...!


As I posted on Facebook, Mr. Mizugaki's visit may possibly be featured on a Japanese MMA magazine "Gong Kakutogi" published in a few weeks. The reporter (Mr. Takashima, who is actually very famous in this business; thank you for visiting us!) was so excited that he took some cool photos of "MMA champion getting punched by an American girl with glasses". Britani, you'll be famous in Japan soon...! :-D

It's already November. I hope you enjoyed the last month's "Book of the Month". This month, I put out a stretching book. I'm not very limber person myself, but I see a lot of you are even worse...! The best time to do stretching is when you're warmed up; after the training, after taking a long warm bath, etc. Don't force it or you'll damage the muscles/tendons; do it gently, with breathing (exhale), and hold the same position for over 20-30 seconds at a time. If you have a question abut how to stretch, ask this physical therapist and I'll gladly point you to the bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment