Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 22 - 28, 2012

It's almost the end of month! That went pretty fast, and we only have 11 more months before the next year... Or how about only less than 3 months before the next test?? Come train more often. Make it up by taking private lessons if you feel like you're behind.

The same subject continues this week: Sasoi-waza. Any offensive strategies are advanced subjects and this one is no exception, but I think you're all picking it up pretty well. Let me know if you're confused or not sure about what we're trying to do during the drills.

I've been thinking about making some kind of instructional material, either videos (online or DVD) or books. I know some had asked me to make a Kata video (actually I already made one when I was in Japan, but it wasn't very well made), but you can find a lot of decent Kata videos online and I don't want to repeat it. How about the exam requirement book (with photos)? I've looked around but didn't find any. The summary is included in our handbook, but it's not easy to just "read" it without any visuals. Let me know what you think about this idea.

By the way our region is going to host another seminar on Saturday, February 18. It's a bit pricey because this is mainly a fundraising event, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the amount of training/learning you'll receive. It will be at Redondo Beach; let's carpool if we can.

1 comment:

  1. I think the instructional material is a great idea! It would be awesome to have the exam requirements pics or vids for our at home practice.

    ReplyDelete