Saturday, March 3, 2012

February 26 - March 3, 2012

Practicing leg sweeps this week and the next. I must admit that this is not my favorite technique and I'm rarely able to make it work in a free-sparring. But I still like to practice it because at least I can get more comfortable with it and learn how to avoid getting swept.

Thank you so much to those who took me out on my birthday! It was a great night out and I thoroughly enjoyed it and my Facebook profile pic proves it! Now I want my birthday gift from every one of you... COME TRAIN MORE OFTEN! Those of you who are thinking of testing, it's less than 2 months away. Get your practice time in, ask for a help if you have any problems. Take a private lesson or two if you must. I'm working hard to create a material that hopefully would help your test preparation, and here is a sneak preview:




Book of the Month has already been placed on the bookshelf. It's Karatedo Kyohan written by Master Funakoshi (the picture on our dojo wall, the left one). I used to have this book but misplaced it (how?? It's a big book and I don't think I gave it to anyone!) so I had to get another one for the dojo. This is a limited edition and not is no longer available. There is a book with the same title readily available at a bookstore, however, the photographs had been swapped with someone else's therefore it's not the same book. Anyway, it's surprising to see how different our karate looks from what this Master demonstrates in the book, but I'm sure the principles remain the same.

An announcement: our region's effort of fundraising for the Nationals continues - They are having yet another Garage Sale in Santa Monica on Saturday, March 24. Please donate any unwanted items that you think can sell. We had our own Garage Sale a few months ago and made a few hundred bucks (thanks to my chair collections! :-)) and we're trying to make even more this time. Gather stuff at our dojo, and I will take them to Santa Monica. Your help would be highly appreciated.

Lastly, renew your AAKF membership, please! I'm collecting the forms and dues for now, and will forward them to the region in 10 days. If you want to save $10, you have 10 more days left to give me the form and $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment