Friday, April 16, 2010

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Woops, I was so focused on the logo design, I almost forgot to update the training blog...!

So yesterday, we covered:

Soto-uke (outside block): in place & with stepping
Stepping: hips square, hips turned
Mae-geri (front kick): in place & with stepping
Yoko-geri Keage (side snap kick): in place & with stepping
Yoko-geri Kekomi (side thrust kick): in place & with stepping
Kata: Heian-shodan, Bassai-dai, Niju-shiho

...Is that it?? I have such a terrible short term memory, I easily forget what I did a day ago. I remember that I wanted to do a bit of timing drill but didn't get to it. Other than that, I covered what are weak for those who are testing, and you guys are doing pretty good. Is everyone going to pass? Sorry but I can't tell you, and I'm not even an examiner this time!

I decided that I will NOT make you guys wait for the results of the exam, so you will find it out that night.

On Sunday, I will make you guys do an entire exam sequence as a mock exam. Maybe I will have 3 of you come up front and do it all. Don't expect Thursday night class to focus on the exam materials, because it's too late to fix anything on Thursday! So Sunday is the last chance you receive the detailed pointers from me, should you need them.

After the exam, we'll go back to our "regular program" for a couple of weeks, and again, 1-2 weeks before the next exam (which we plan to hold at the end of May) we'll start focusing on the exam materials. But those who will test next month have already gone through a lot (and you get to see 3 people testing this month, to find out what to expect), so you guys should be fine.

Keep strong spirit, strong stance and strong Ki-ai!

No comments:

Post a Comment