Friday, November 19, 2010

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thank you all for welcoming me back! Nice to be back home...

Subjects:

Kata:
Your favorite
-floor use
-power line
-intention

Kihon:
Kicks
-Mae-geri
-Yoko Keage
-Yoko Kekomi
-Mawashi-geri
Sanbon Kumite (3-step sparring)
-distance
-hip position

Free-style:
1 attack, reacting to signal

Now that my competition is over, it's time to focus on your exam! As you may be aware, I haven't been able to spend too much time on your exam materials, but please be active and try to learn as much on yourself as possible. The Kihon sequences are listed on your handbook, so there should be no excuse not knowing it by now. I'm always open to answer any questions, so grab me and use me before or after the class.

By competing in the tournament, I got some feedbacks as to what I need to work on. The exam will give you a similar opportunity; you work hard for it and learn as much as possible before, but you will learn even more during and after the exam. It's a great learning tool/ feedback process.

1 comment:

  1. Grab you and use you before or after class?
    Oh my...this must be that Brazilian cha cha that Taichiro learned while away!

    ReplyDelete