Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 National Championships

So a few of us were in Seattle, participating in mini-camp or the tournaments. The results are as follows:

Jon M.: 1st in Kumite, 2nd in Kata (wait, was it the other way around?), Kyu level competition
Eiko: 3rd in Kogo Kumite, national championship
Taichiro: 1st in Kata, 2nd in Fukugo, national championship
Amy: participated in 2-day camp
jon B. cheered for us, advertised our dojo to everybody there!

It was great, and I'm saying that NOT because I won but because we all had good time. Karate is not about winning or losing (though I admit winning feels good! ;-)) but it's about continuing to learn from the experiences. I'm so happy that I can share with my students what I learned!

It is expensive to go to a seminar, travel and compete, etc., but I think it's worth it. It's much more productive way of spending $$ than sitting by the resort beach sipping margarita...! Well, maybe I'll do them both when I go to compete in the World Championship in Brazil this year!

I really thank all my students for your support. You motivate me to get better at karate, because I don't want to feel like I'm stalled while you guys train hard and are getting better!

jon, Eiko, Amy and Jon, let me know what you thought about this tournament; how you liked it, the difference compared to the regionals, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I found that I really felt like I wanted to compete! I haven't felt that in a while - feeling unsure of myself, doubting my techniques, etc. Naturally I will have to work hard but next year...watch your backs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to everyone again! I wanted to go up there so badly! I swear I'm attending all of them from here on out (well at least the majority of them).

    ... Stupid work getting in the way of life... >:(

    ReplyDelete