Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rainy Sunday March 20

Wow! It really rained today. Just as I guessed the rain scared off most of you today! But nevertheless a test is just around the corner so the rain failed to keep everyone away. As promised - TEST, TEST, TEST focus! We did basics for the tests, kumite and kata for the tests. Sen practice - making double sen - 2 half techniques. This really helps with keeping zanshin during the practice. footwork - I can never remember the Japanese terms and won't attempt to write it because Eiko and Taichiro will make fun of me. We did two kinds of footwork and then we incorporated those into the sen practice. It helps to use the footwork in a practical way. We discussed posture. Eiko later told me I talked too much...sorry about that. I'm always sensitive to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment