Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sunday - Spring Ahead

Not a bad turnout for a clock changing Sunday!
I'm still not sure why we change the clocks...

I'm focusing on the test until the test.
So for the next month in my classes we will be going over basic test things.
Toward the middle of April I'll have you all do "mock" tests to really get ready.

Kihon - we did all te-waza or hand techniques and ashi-waza - kicking
Kata - we did our kata and a kata drill. The drill went over pretty well. It is important to "see" an opponent. I set up those opponents for you. As we did the kata we had real attackers from every side. It is amazing how the kata changes and how everyone reacts to this. But it gives that "real" feel we miss when simply punching air.

Kumite - basic sanbon kumite for 8th kyu, 6th kyu and 5th kyu tests

Sen drill with pads as target.

No comments:

Post a Comment