Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wednesday 5/3/11

Little Ron had a private lesson to go over Heian Yodan.

Class started promptly at 8pm and we had 3 warriors show up!!
Tiffany, Karla and Shali.

I have to say Tiffany and Karla just got new belts and they already are remembering their entire new kata!! Very impressive.

Shali is close to having Heian Shodan memorized as well.

This class was basically a kata class.
I used my student teach student method again...Tiffany showed Karla Heian Nidan and I worked with Shali on Heain Shodan. Then we switched around a few times.

We then did some basics. Tiffany learned nukite in front stance switching from back stance. Karla started adding gyaku-zuki after her blocks and Shali is starting to find her KIAI!!! I think she's a little shy about it but slowly it was coming out.

Karla also got to try roundhouse kick! Which I'll say was very good! I think she has done it before. I brought the kicking bag out and each one got stronger and stronger the more they did it.

We have to hit things! Punching and kicking the air does not show us if we are connected. When you hit a heavy bag especially then you know how grounded your kick or punch is. When I punch a heavy bag I immediately feel the impact. It tests my shoulder, wrist, elbow and feet.
Hit something! Not someone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment